samedi 28 mai 2011

May 22 Evening In Guilvinec

All I can say about the plane, is that yes, they went, no, not me, and yes, they seem to have enjoyed themselves thoroughly.

Later in the evening, we take a short drive to Guilvinec for a late supper. Besides bars, there are few restaurants open in bretons villages and Bourdic do not serve dinner either. The Yelp app indicates a street with restaurants and we enter the first small restaurant we find open. A tiny, really tiny restaurant. I ordered a panini with goat cheese, Roger, the house pizza. We both have twice as much as we can eat and go out very satisfied.

As the weather is nice and has turned mildert, Roger hears the call of the Guilvinec small harbour, which is a working harbour, not just a marina. There is even a shipyard. Sunday, late evening, it is very quiet. For the first time since we've come to Brittany, I see some very colorful houses. The pink house is so extremely pink tthat on this street, other businesses derive their names from it. It's Pink House This and Pink House That. And the house on the right is an orange-pink. We crossed to the other side of the port and I found myself in front of a blue house.






























One last one, soft turquoise.













We're back at Vent Solaire. Believe it or not, it is 22:20.












Météo : quelques passages nuageux, maximum aux environs de 17°. Weather: mostly fair with cloudy periods, high temperature a little over 60°.

The pictures are not where they should be. Internet access is spotty and chancy and I'd rather have this post online. I'll fix things at some later time.

1 commentaire:

  1. walked up to the "Art around the fountain" up at the courthouse (or down at the courthouse?) today with the neighbor and we saw a huge photo image of someplace in France printed on canvas, and it made me think of you. I miss you, spotty internet lady ~ glad you're still having a good time.

    Wish I were there.

    RépondreSupprimer