jeudi 2 juin 2011

May 27 Rocamadour oh my!

If you visited Percé, in Québec, you may remember arriving by Route 132 on the Baie des Chaleurs side? A rather nice little winding road along the sea, then you take this one turn just like so many others and wham! Perce Rock jumping at you? It's like that in Rocamadour. We are on a narrow winding road, we enter a very narrow tunnel carved into the rock, even darker because of being blinded by the sun. And it's winding into the tunnel. Quite scary for me, thank you, but I think Roger is enjoying himself. But at the end of this tunnel, oh my!!!! Rocamadour, unbelievable. People have built that with the means they had at the time. I’m always awed by such feats of human ingenuity.

I have taken and retaken several versions of these shots to get better results. I really can’t do it and anyway you can find on the Net probably two billion pictures infinitely better than mine. Whatever. The amazing view out of the tunnel, I'm not about to forget.










-









There’s the whole aspect of the Rocamadour shrine and piety that absolutely does not speak to me, contrary to the fervor that I felt in Chartres. The Way of the Cross, I admire the structure on the cliffside, but I find the stations themselves ugly and uninteresting.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire