dimanche 5 juin 2011

June 5 around Marseille, on the waterfront

Aude told us how we go visit the "calanque" of Niolon, not far from here. A "calanque" is a natural formation particular to the Marseille area, with rocky hills surrounding small inlets.

The trail follows a railroad, with gaps. Here's a bridge. How old is it? It's definitely not recent but trains still use it. There are two series of rails, actually and a train went by just now.





Well, here we go again. BlogPress refuses to display my landscape photos.

Another small culvert, a pedestrian one this time.




The trail is really difficult. Here, I climbed on all fours going up and just plain sat on my backside going down.



It's beautiful but ultimately a bit dull. Back we go. We try a couple other trails. A nice little breeze picks up and the sea is playing hide and seek.


YouTube Video


Yeah, well I want to see the sea.

What's this, then ? Those are my feet and this is a very modest dream coming true. These are my feet wading in the Mediterranean Sea, in a tiny cove where in the summer, I expect that people pile up like sardines but, today, the beach is almost deserted.



YouTube Video




YouTube Video

Ok, now I hear the call ... well, that call. And there's a bar serving ices just up the beach.

Oh, jeez. The restroom's door latch is broken. I try my best to get it open. Not a chance. I bang on the door. Somebody comes, giving instructions that I can't hear. I ask for my husband. Finally, they had to unscrew the lock, which they did using a knife. This will be funny tomorrow, I'm sure. Maybe.

We ordered mussels and fries, look at my serving.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire